Thursday, February 21, 2008
Work Update
Some of you know that I have been pursuing a position teaching online courses for Axia College, which is a division of University of Phoenix. Their hiring process is extensive and includes two two-week trainings that you must pass before being offered an internship. So, even though I first applied back in early November, I just finished the trainings, which I passed. So, I should be getting an offer for my first two courses soon. The first term, they assign a coach to oversee your work and give you pointers, which they call an internship (but it's paid!!), then if I pass that, I will get an official offer to teach on my own. I am really excited about this as I loved teaching online for CSU and it will be a great opportunity to earn some extra money from home!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That sounds like a great situation for you! I am so glad you commented on our blog. I didn't know you had one. I can't believe you have 2 kids now . . . They are adorable! I'm glad we'll be able to watch them grow-- even if it's just through pictures. :)
Angela
Erin,
I am so exccited to hear that there is going to be another teacher in the family :) You know that if you ever need any teaching resources or an ear to fill, I am here. I am working on my Masters in Educational Technology so if there's anything in that area I can help with I will. Love you and am VERY proud!
Renee
Erin! What wonderful news!! I was wondering how that was coming along!
Congrats!
Post a Comment