Thursday, February 28, 2008

Introducing Lucy

We added another member to the family today, a 9 month old border collie named Lucy. We have been wanting to get Rusty a buddy for a while, so when we saw that the Humane Society had several dogs in the 6-9 month age range (the age Rusty was when we got him and we were hoping to get again), we decided to go take a look. We identified three dogs that we wanted to meet, the first being Lucy. When we met her, she was perfect. She warmed up to Cassidy very quickly and Cassidy had a blast playing with her in the visiting room, so we decided not to even see the other dogs and brought her home with us. I had to tease Tris because a few weeks ago, I saw an ad for Border Collie puppies and mentioned it to him, to which he relied "I don't like border collies." Of course, he loved her once he met her!! Had I left it up to him, we probably wouldn't have even looked at her!

Of course, Rusty isn't impressed! Actually, I am sure he will warm up to her as he loves other dogs, but he just isn't sure what to think yet! She is a great dog, very smart and loving. She will make a great addition to our family!!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sooo cute! She makes me want to go to the Dog beach and play with the dogs. I'm sure you'll have fun :)

Connie said...

What a beautiful puppy!

Anonymous said...

Are you nuts??? Two kids under two, a dog, a cat, a harley (whatever he is) and a husband!! and you take on another puppy??? The air must be too thin up there. Come home!