Bad Idea!!! We knew Kayla wouldn't be in to it, but Cassidy has been excited about the pumpkins since she and daddy picked them out almost 2 weeks ago! She got even more excited today when she got home from daycare and I had several faces for her to choose from for her pumpkin! She picked one out then kept holding it up to the pumpkin to show us where it was going to go! It was a struggle to get her to wait until after dinner because she was just so excited! When it finally came time, she was all ready, sitting next to me, waiting to help when I made the mistake of asking if she wanted to help me clean out the inside and turned it toward her, at which point she freaked out, scrambled to get away from it and fell out of her chair, then the crying ensued. You see, what I had not considered is Cassidy's huge fear of fuzzies. That's right anything fuzzy, such as cotton, frayed yarn, frayed ends of fabric, stray pet hair (unless it's on the pet, that's fine), makes her cry and scream, weird, huh? We have no idea where it came from, but it is a huge deal for her. Well, mommy, not thinking about how the inside of a pumpkn looks fuzzy before you clean it, turned the darn thing, which was on it's side, toward her, which of course put the hole and all the fuzziness right at eye level being that she is only two and her head is barely above the table! That was it, she wouldn't go near it after that! I carved her face for her (which I would have done anyways, but it would have been fun to have her "help") and then carved my own and daddy carved his while she kept a safe distance the whole time and began crying again everytime she accidentally got too close. Add that to the fact that Kayla decided that mommy was supposed to hold her non stop tonight and screamed like we were killing her whenever I put her down and it made for a fabulous time! Oh well, maybe it will be fun when they are older. Here are the final products, can you guess whose it whose?
1 comment:
What great pumpkins you have!! I am really drawn to the one on the right!
Every year from here on out is just going to get better and better!
Post a Comment