We had a great Christmas at home, just the four of us. Although we wish we could have seen our families, it was nice to have a quiet Christmas at home. I went a little picture crazy with my new DSLR camera, so I will try not to post too many, but I can't make any promises!
Christmas eve...
Looking cute in their Christmas jammies!


Opening gifts...we usually only do one gift on Christmas eve, but they each got to open two since they went together.
The first...Groovy girls, which are my choice for an alternative to Barbies (which I don't like at all and refuse to buy)...



The second, outfits for the groovy girls...



Daddy opened his gift from the girls...A Dado blade for his table saw...

Posing in front of the tree, they wouldn't put the dolls down!

Santa brought a new kitchen and all the accessories....

Christmas Morning...
Cassidy woke up before sunrise and came into our room to cuddle, as she often does on weekends. I thought for sure that she had seen the kitchen in the living room, but as I walked her back to bed, she didn't even glance at it. Apparently, it was too dark and she was half asleep, she didn't even realize it was there! A half an hour later, just as the suns started to rise (I told her she had to stay in bed until the sun came up), she came back into our room and crawled back in bed with me, as if it was just another day. Then, after several minutes, she casually mentioned the kitchen in the living room. Apparently she saw it this time and must have been thinking about whether or not to mention it! There was no going back to sleep at that point!
Playing in the new kitchen...we had a hard time pulling them away from it to open everything else!






Finally, we were able to pull them away to open their stockings...




Mommy finally got smart an put a barrette in her hair, couldn't get her to stand still long enough to brush it, but at least it is out of her face...


I'm not sure what she was looking at, but thought this was a cute expression! The excitement of Christmas!

V-motion from grandma Rhonda...It's like Wii for kids!

After playing with all of their new toys for a while, Cassidy noticed something in the back yard...a new swing set! Of course, once they knew it was there, we had to get all bundled up to try it out!






Enjoying a nice cup of hot chocolate to warm up...


And finally, Looking pretty in their Christmas dresses...



Ok, so I didn't keep my promise...Sorry!
Christmas eve...
Looking cute in their Christmas jammies!
Opening gifts...we usually only do one gift on Christmas eve, but they each got to open two since they went together.
The first...Groovy girls, which are my choice for an alternative to Barbies (which I don't like at all and refuse to buy)...
The second, outfits for the groovy girls...
Daddy opened his gift from the girls...A Dado blade for his table saw...
Posing in front of the tree, they wouldn't put the dolls down!
Santa brought a new kitchen and all the accessories....
Christmas Morning...
Cassidy woke up before sunrise and came into our room to cuddle, as she often does on weekends. I thought for sure that she had seen the kitchen in the living room, but as I walked her back to bed, she didn't even glance at it. Apparently, it was too dark and she was half asleep, she didn't even realize it was there! A half an hour later, just as the suns started to rise (I told her she had to stay in bed until the sun came up), she came back into our room and crawled back in bed with me, as if it was just another day. Then, after several minutes, she casually mentioned the kitchen in the living room. Apparently she saw it this time and must have been thinking about whether or not to mention it! There was no going back to sleep at that point!
Playing in the new kitchen...we had a hard time pulling them away from it to open everything else!
Finally, we were able to pull them away to open their stockings...
Mommy finally got smart an put a barrette in her hair, couldn't get her to stand still long enough to brush it, but at least it is out of her face...
I'm not sure what she was looking at, but thought this was a cute expression! The excitement of Christmas!
V-motion from grandma Rhonda...It's like Wii for kids!
After playing with all of their new toys for a while, Cassidy noticed something in the back yard...a new swing set! Of course, once they knew it was there, we had to get all bundled up to try it out!
Enjoying a nice cup of hot chocolate to warm up...
And finally, Looking pretty in their Christmas dresses...
Ok, so I didn't keep my promise...Sorry!
No comments:
Post a Comment